Summer holidays may have passed, but the heat of summer is in full force. Rather than leaving you alone to struggle with the glory of a potential tan, the health of Vitamin D and half-naked bodies everywhere (what makes you think we love summer?), we have compiled a list of 5 essentials for summer that will help you both survive, and enjoy!
* Just to let you know that this article may contain affiliate links. If you click on them we might receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
5 essentials for summer
- Mask and fins. Yes, the Cape Town water can be on the chillier side of warm, but that should not stop you from embracing the sea life and the beauty that it has to offer. And, if you really wish, a little wet-suit can go a long way!
- GoPro or camera. Cape Town is notorious for breathtaking beaches, stunning people and our beautiful mountain. You never know when you are going to see something (or someone) that you don’t want to forget. So have your GoPro or camera available to snap away.
- Sunblock. This is crucial. There is nothing that ruins a summer weekend more than the inability to move due to burn. Sunblock is a definite essential.
- Inflatables. Is it even summer if you do not have a blown up pink flamingo or watermelon ring? Maybe. But it is far less fun and not half as interesting.
- Your loved one. Sharing your summer bliss with someone you care about has the potential to turn the temperature up a notch.
With so much to do, view and experience – make sure that you are prepared to soak up the sun in the best way possible.
We would love to hear from you so let us know if these suggestions have improved your summer!
And, if you haven’t subscribed to our YouTube channel, please do so!
* Jeff Kaale (X I X X) – For Love