When you travel and work as a digital nomad, you need to select your accessories carefully. It’s important to strike the balance between creating a productive setup and lugging about unnecessary weight. A traveling laptop stand can be a valuable tool for digital nomads.
As we’ve traveled around the world and set up shop in various coworking spaces and coffee shops, we’ve noticed that laptop stands are a common trend. Needless to say, there’s a reason that so many choose to use a laptop portable stand.
Whether you’re actively looking for a laptop travel stand, or you’re pondering a small investment, here’s what you need to know.
Benefits of a Foldable Laptop Stands
A laptop stand boasts unbeatable ergonomic benefits. Studies have shown that ergonomic workspaces can improve productivity, even with just a few small modifications.
- Improves posture by leveling the laptop at the correct height (eye level)
- Reduces strain in neck, shoulders, and upper back
- Improves typing ergonomics when used with an external keyboard
- Offers increased comfort while working
- Improves productivity
- Prevents overheating and improves laptop performance
Each of these benefits can be enjoyed with just a few tweaks that contribute to a big difference.
Key Aspects to Look For in a Laptop Stand
Not all laptop stands are created equal. Depending on your preference, there are different laptop stands to choose from.
The most common laptop stands include;
- Slanted laptop stands are light, portable, collapsible, and affordable
- Dual rise stands raise both laptop screen and keyboard, are stable, and have space to tuck the keyboard away
- Folding laptop tables – can be used in a variety of places, can be made into a standing desk, have a fan to cool the laptop
When shopping for a laptop stand, you need to consider your workspace and how the stand will offer value.
Overall, there are a few purchase factors to consider.
- Durability as it will join you on the road
- Portability manifests in being compact and lightweight
- The price that fits into your budget
- Reviews that indicate the quality
- Adjustable angle to reduce glare
Ready to start shopping?
5 Best Travel Laptop Stands
Browse some of the best portable laptop stands, and pick the one that best suits you.
Extra thought has been given to small details. Such as the anti-skid rubber pads and the hook that prevents the laptop from sliding. The hollow design means that there is space for the heat to escape, and prevents the laptop from overheating.
Whether you’re working at the office or at home, this laptop stand can help minimize neck fatigue, and improve posture.
- Prioritizes ergonomics
- The price is right
- Adjustable angle
- Vent for heat to escape
- Not as compatible as it could be
The portable, adjustable laptop stand supports devices from 10 – 15.6 inches, yet can be folded to the size of 9.4 by 1.75 inches. Made from anodized aluminum alloy, the laptop stand also includes a non-slip mat for added comfort.
As with all laptop stands, the iVoler adds ergonomic value by reducing neck fatigue as well as shoulder and spinal pain.
- Lightweight and compact
- Foldable to a small size
- Adjustable height
- Affordable price
Reduce neck and shoulder pain with the slender, aluminum stand. With rubber inlets, the stand is sturdy and the ventilating design is certain to keep your laptop cool. Supporting laptops from 10 to 15.6 inches, the stable triangle support is your new best friend.
- Slim and lightweight design
- Ventilating design improves airflow
- Ergonomic design to improve comfort
- Is not adjustable, so may not as easy to travel
- The lack of adjustability also impacts the height flexibility
The Nulaxy store is a superior stand that offers plenty of perks with increased versatility. Perhaps the biggest sell is the stand’s compatibility which is more diverse than others, holding devices up to 17 inches.
The flexibility of the stand and adjustable height means that the stand can be used comfortably while seated or standing. By bringing the laptop to eye level, posture is improved and back pain is relieved.
Not only is the laptop stand adjustable in height, but can also be tilted to various angles. The durable build is the cherry on the top, as is the heat dissipation design.
- Can hold larger laptops up to 17 inches
- Adjustable in height and angle
- Ergonomic potential
- Heat dissipation design
- More expensive than other laptop stands
The aluminum stand is portable and adjustable, offering comfort while standing or resting in bed. Lightweight and adjustable, the table can double up as a dinner tray, projector, or writing desk.
The cooling fan ensures that the laptop doesn’t overheat, and the mousepad allows for optimal productivity.
- Lightweight and adjustable
- Perfect for working in bed
- Versatile in function
- Improvided productivity with the mousepad and ergonomic flexibility
- Not as compact as other travel stands
Foldable Laptop Stands for the Win
These are a few of the best laptop stands on the market. Each comes with great reviews and positive results.
Remember to consider your individual needs. If you travel a lot, then compatibility will be particularly important. If you struggle with your posture, then the sturdier the better!